Travel Assistance

Travel Assistance

University of Arizona Graduate & Professional Student Council Travel Grants (GPSC)

The Graduate & Professional Student Council (GPSC) awards travel grants during 4 rounds per academic year (September, November, February, April).  This site includes details regarding grant award amounts, eligibility, application & faculty statement of support deadlines, selection criteria, as well as additional information.  Please read all details carefully as applications must be submitted in relation to dates of travel.   

The following list of national organizations may be additional sources of funding for your global health experience.

National Organizations

American Women’s Hospital Services

Overseas Assistance Grants.  The AWHS Overseas Assistance Grant program provides travel grants for medical students and residents working in clinics around the world.  

Application Process
The AWHS Overseas Assistance Grant provides assistance with transportation costs up to $1,000 connected with pursuing medical studies in an off campus setting where the medically neglected will benefit. The grants are awarded to national full AMWA student members completing their second, third or fourth year of an accredited U.S. medical or osteopathic medical school or to full AMWA resident members.  Applicants must spend a minimum of four weeks and no longer than one year in a sponsored program which will serve the needs of the medically under-served.

For more information contact Please be sure to read application guidelines to be sure that your project aligns with their mission to improve the health of women and children globally.  

Child Family Health International Scholarships