October 13-15 2017 Save the date for Az Global Health course Reunion/CME in Tucson !
YES! Based on YOUR responses to our informal query last year, we will hold an…
Alumni reunion/CME to celebrate 35 years of the “Arizona course” Global Health: Clinical and Community Care…
…in Tucson this year on the weekend of October 13-15, 2017
We invite all 727 course alumni to bring family & friends to share in this celebration with each other and the participants in the 35th Course—to be held Sept 25-October 13, 2017
This weekend [Friday evening thru Sunday noon] reunion/CME conference will be at the Viscount Suites Hotel at 4855 East Broadway in Tucson AZ.
The option to earn 6 Category 1 CME credits will cost you under $100. [Final cost will depend on the number of you who want the credits.]
More details about the program in a few months.
- The speakers [and CME themes] will build around eminently- qualified global health presenters--who are “alumni” of the course over the decades. Three have already confirmed.
- Craig Spencer, MD - Ebola
- Rajni Gunnala, MD - Eradication
- Tom Kenyon, MD - Public Global Health
- Tracy Carroll, PT, MPH - Chronic Disease
- Ron Pust, MD - Clinical and Community Care
- We will update you briefly on the future of the Arizona Course—and the new [in 2012] Global Health Distinction Track here in the College of Medicine.
- You will still have a lot of time for socializing and reconnecting with your old [and making new] friends—and with Tucson in October [not in the Summer heat]
- Registration forms will be posted this summer. But in the meanwhile, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are coming and if you want the CME.
We urge everyone [whether you are able to attend or not] to send us a one page personal update on what you have been doing, adding a picture or two. We will display them by class year. You can send these at any time to email@example.com
To make Viscount room reservations (suites are $99 or upgraded suites are $109) please call the hotel direct at 520-745-6500 and ask for the “University of Arizona College of Medicine” block or go to their website which will take you directly to our group rate. http://bookings.ihotelier.com/bookings.jsp?groupID=1775092&hotelID=76042
October 13-15 is Family Weekend at the University of Arizona so don’t wait too long to make your reservation.